Zoom 2 teeth whitening is an in-office cosmetic dental procedure that whitens your teeth.
Zoom 2 teeth whitening is the newest in-office tooth whitening procedure available and has similarities and differences to the original Zoom teeth whitening procedure.
The similarities for Zoom 2 tooth whitening and the original Zoom tooth whitening are as follows:
- The actual procedure performed on the patient (yourself) is the same.
- Both procedures result in lightened teeth that are 6 to 10 shades lighter.
The differences for Zoom 2 teeth whitening and the original Zoom teeth whitening are as follows:
- Zoom 2 takes approximately 45 minutes, while the original Zoom takes approximately 60 minutes.
- Patients experience less sensitivity (approximately 68%-72%) with Zoom 2 than with the original Zoom.
- Generally, the cost of Zoom 2 teeth whitening is more than the cost of the original zoom teeth whitening.
Zoom 2 teeth whitening is not right for everyone, but your dentist can determine if Zoom 2 is right for you. If you would like to see if Zoom 2 teeth whitening is right for you, please contact Dr. Dhayni, DDS to schedule an appointment at 858-277-5141. Our office is located at 5222 Balboa Ave, Suite 72, San Diego, CA 92117. Dr. Dhayni, of San Diego Dentistry, provides general and cosmetic dental services in the California Area.
We will begin by thoroughly removing any tartar and plaque from your teeth. We will isolate your lips, gums and face with protective material before applying the Zoom 2 light-activated tooth whitening gel. The active ingredient in Zoom 2 whitening gel is hydrogen peroxide. Once the Zoom 2 tooth whitening gel is applied, a laser is shined onto your tooth, gently penetrating the enamel and dentin layer of your tooth, bleaching away stains. We repeat this cycle on each tooth and complete the procedure with a fluoride treatment.
You may experience mild sensitivity, but it subsides usually within one day. Dr. Dhayni will give you post whitening care instructions along with a tooth whitening kit and tooth whitening trays for home touch-up whenever discoloration is noticed. Zoom 2 in-office laser teeth whitening costs approximately $395.00.